API-Poynter Digital Storytelling Summit
- API-Poynter Digital Storytelling Summit
- Seminar Snapshot
- This $50 course is being offered free, thanks to the generous support of the American Press Institute. Enrolling now will notify you when recordings are posted.
About Seminar Snapshots
A Seminar Snapshot features video highlights that capture the key learning of a seminar presentation.
The API Poynter Digital Storytelling Summit will provide college students an advanced skills training in today’s digital news environment. It will provide a forum for student journalists and media leaders to network and share ideas.
The two-day training summit sponsored by Poynter, a global leader in journalism education, and the American Press Institute kicks off with an evening reception and conversation with Emilio Garcia-Ruiz, managing editor of the Washington Post on Friday, March 27 at the National Press Club in Washington D.C. Poynter faculty and industry-leading journalists will lead training sessions the following day, which will be archived here as e-learning courses.
What Will I Learn:
- How to conduct interviews in today’s digital world
- Best ways to increase your story’s reach
- The strengths of different digital platforms and tools
- How to approach news like a startup
Who should take this course:
The Digital Storytelling Summit is open to student journalists, student media leaders and students interested in a career in storytelling and journalism.